Tuesday, December 4, 2018

"I can get 70 woodgrains to the gallon on this hog."

Greetings, readers! There's a new, if bewildering, special run available for entry on the Breyer website! Behold, Hawthorn:



Wow, a woodgrain pig! That just screams, "animal micro-run," right? Especially since we haven't had one yet this year? Well, apparently not!

Limited to just 350 pieces, Hawthorn is priced at $125, including shipping and handling, and comes packaged in a mail order box.

"Just" 350 pieces? For $125 each? Sheesh, they could justify that price (or more) if it was a run of 40, but 350? We'll be digging them out of the store at Breyerfest for years to come!

I wonder if they had to make the run that large because woodgrain is historically a time-consuming and difficult process? I would have thought that'd make it more likely this would be a micro-run, but I guess that's not the case. And you have to enter to be drawn for it to boot?  Wow...

And yes, I know the title doesn't quite make sense, but I thought it was funny and it was the first thing I thought of when the website kept referring to Hawthorn as a hog. Teehee!

Well, anyway...good luck to everyone who enters for this guy. I don't think you'll have trouble getting your hands on one...

No comments:

Post a Comment