Saturday, December 8, 2018

Featured Model - 12/8/2018, Nutcracker Prince

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Nutcracker Prince!


This handsome guy was the 2009 Holiday Horse. He came with a cute little outfit (this was before the days of increasingly-complicated costumes) which even incorporated a couple of little Christmas ornaments into it. He was a regular run for that year and was item #700109 on the Huckleberry Bey mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody.

I like this model because, well, at the heart of it he's a pretty white horse and there's just something special about a pretty white horse. He's technically gray (the closest an Arabian can get to being white), but I wouldn't have complained if he really was straight-up white.

As for Huck himself, I feel like I may have done a Featured Model post or two about him in the recent past? He was used as a web special after Breyerfest and then popped up at the Scottsdale Stampede, so I suspect Breyer may give him a rest for a while. With Breyerfest coming up, though, who knows what could happen. I hope we see next year's new releases soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment