Sunday, December 31, 2017

Skyler - Classics Unicorn Walmart Exclusive?

So yesterday afternoon we were doing some overdue Christmas shopping and looking through the toy section at Walmart when I spotted...this.



Bwuh? A Breyer at Walmart, of all places? They never have those! And it doesn't look like anything that was listed in the 2018 new releases. Am I the first person to discover this? I never find things like this in the wild! Holy crap!

It looks like this might be some kind of Walmart special run? Probably why they used the Morgan stallion, since it was already being used as Forthwind the unicorn, and this way they could divert some of the bodies, paint them a different color and then sell them at the low price Walmart would require. His item number indicates that he's a Walmart special run, in any case.



I really wish he'd been on a mold I collect, though - he's glittery and rainbowy, and I love both of those things! Oh well.

There were two of these on the shelf at our Walmart, so I bought them both and gave one to my niece (it was her birthday yesterday), and the other is currently listed on eBay. Here's what the back of his box looks like, for funsies:



I hope this guy is a good seller - maybe we'll get more special runs for Walmart!

No comments:

Post a Comment