Monday, December 18, 2017

Collector Appreciation 2017!

Just when I thought we weren't going to get a Collector Appreciation event this year, Breyer pulls it out!



Carefully timed to not coincide with the double savings weekend and $10 express shipping upgrade, of course. Well played, Breyer (or not).

So it looks like this year, the first 500 orders to use the Collector Appreciation code to order $125 of qualifying merchandise will receive one of four glossed models with their order: Liberty, Bandera, Hickory Hills Wall Street, or Bryants Jake. That breaks down to 125 glossies each.

I was irritated that they raised the total to $125 this year, but I couldn't resist the possibility of a glossy Liberty or Bandera, so I bit. But what to buy? I hadn't been planning on buying one of the new throw blankets they came out with, but when I saw one of them had the Xavier unicorn on it, I had to get it. I love throw blankets and I love unicorns; what could go wrong? It had better be a pretty amazing throw for $40, though.

Along with the throw, I picked up another Fantasia and Gozosa set to try to get a Fantasia that will stand, and a Hwin to resell. Hopefully I don't have too much trouble dumping those on eBay later.

It looks like the promotion is still available, though I'm not sure how we're supposed to tell if it's sold out unless Breyer is planning on telling us. I'm hoping to get Liberty or Bandera, but good luck if you ordered!

And yes, the 2018 new releases are apparently out in the wild, but I'm waiting for an official announcement from Breyer before I cover them here. Lots of exciting stuff, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment