Saturday, December 16, 2017

Featured Model - 12/16/2017, Oasis

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Oasis!



This model was produced in 2009 as the last Connoisseur release of the year. Sheesh, this is the third time I've done a Featured Model post on some iteration of this mold, isn't it? Oh well. Oasis was issued on the Arabian Mare/Make a Wish mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody. She was a run of 350 and is item #90151.

I really like the color on this model. I remember seeing some discussion on her back when I rejoined the hobby in 2010, and it seemed like the prevailing opinion was that she was "boring" because she was a solid color. Remember, people, the reason Breyer does so many pinto and Appaloosa patterns is because people would complain if they didn't. Keep that in mind next time you're wondering why there's yet another pinto or Appaloosa in the Premier Club!

Anyway, I think the color on this girl is really nice - it's very rich and chocolatey, almost like a matte Ganache (though I think he's a little darker). And she has the flip tail! I wish they'd use this one again. Like I said in a previous post, they should definitely use this mold for the surprise at Breyerfest next year - there'd be plenty of mix-and-match options. Although currently I'm thinking Desatado for next year's surprise, because why not? It's not like they pick molds that adhere to the theme.

As for the mold itself, I think I've made my opinions known before - but I hope she gets used again for something next year. She's too pretty to sit dormant!

No comments:

Post a Comment