Saturday, September 30, 2017

Featured Model: 9/30/2017, Make a Wish

Hello and welcome to yet another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Make a Wish!



This, uh, "pretty" girl is item #711069. She was a run of 1,350 produced on the Arabian Mare/Make a Wish mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody. As the name indicates, this was the first appearance of this mold.

Not only was this the first appearance of this mold, it also ended up being the first appearance of the Mr.-Potato-Head-type molds with changeable manes, tails and body parts (the only other one being the Gypsy Vanner/Laredo). Interesting that they're both Moody molds! But I digress.

Now, I don't consider this model bad by any means. At least the mane on this one partially covers up the "double shoulder" issue that the head-down version of this mold has. Unfortunately, I like the lowered head better than the raised one, but I guess we can't have everything. And she's a very pretty palomino color! I've wanted one for a while, and was finally able to find one for a price I wanted to pay at Breyerfest this year. Definitely one of my small-key grails!

One complaint I have is that the swish tail has been used more than any of the other tails for this mold. I do like the long tail, but let's see a return of the flip tail, and maybe a few more mix and match options! I suggest making this mold the surprise at Breyerfest next year. Hey, there are Arabian racehorses, right? She'd fit right in, especially since they don't make much effort to conform to the theme anyway - will anyone be surprised if Duende shows up as a special run?

All jokes aside, I do like this mold, or I wouldn't keep buying it. She's not a part of the current regular run line - maybe she'll make a reappearance next year? Or she could show up as a web special or something. She's too popular not to be used for something! Let's hope Breyer pulls her out of the vault again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment