Saturday, September 23, 2017

Featured Model - 9/23/2017, Enchante

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Enchante!



This model, item #711221, was a Breyerfest special run in 2015. He was a run of 1500 and was produced on the Totilas mold sculpted by Brigitte Eberl.

I really like this model's color - that shaded bay with high white stockings looks really snazzy on him. I am less enamored of the yellow on his legs - I remember that being a mild controversy when they first came out, because the prototype photo didn't have those yellow legs. Fortunately, the one I got is fairly mild in the yellow-leg department - some of the ones I saw were just terrible.

As for the mold itself, I like his face and head, and of course he has a very dynamic trot. Maybe not the most correct trot, but that's what the real Totilas was known for. I wouldn't say he's my favorite mold in the collection, but he definitely has his place (all three of the ones I own...well, four if you count this year's Holiday Horse, which is hidden somewhere in our apartment awaiting Christmas). I'd love to own a Bluebird or a Zydeco, or a glossy Totilas - maybe someday I'll find them. In the meantime, I'll have to be happy with the three I have.

Since he's being used as this year's Holiday Horse, I don't expect to see the mold trotted out again this year, but you never know - he might be this year's silver filigree release (though I doubt it; my money's on Shannondell or Yasmin for that). But maybe we'll see him used for something exciting next year? We'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment