Saturday, September 2, 2017

Featured Model - 9/2/2017, Hansel

Hello, readers, and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Hansel!

 

Hansel was the companion foal to the mare Gretel, who I covered in a Featured Model post a couple of weeks ago. He was sculpted by Brigitte Eberl and is item #711133. This was the first release of this mold, along with the original Gretel, in a run of 800 made for Breyerfest 2011.

I remember when this set was announced for Breyerfest, because it was unusual for them to do a Classic-scale special run in the first place, and it was also a (badly-needed) new set of molds! At the time I wasn't terribly excited about them, but a few years later I decided I liked them after all (this seems to be relatively common with Classics molds for some reason), and so the set came home to live with me. I really do like the color on this set, although I'm not sure what to call it. Silver bay? They're a little dark for that, but I don't know what else to call them, and IDYB doesn't have a color listed.

He certainly is a cute little guy, and I've made sure to get all of his releases so far (it helps that none of them have been particularly limited except for Hansel himself). He makes a dapper little companion to his mother Gretel. I think I mentioned in one of my posts about Fiona and Rory that I hope they don't do another release in black anytime soon - he's been done in black three times now! Hopefully Breyer comes out with another exciting release soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment