Monday, September 11, 2017

Jacy is here!

Okay, technically he's been here for a while, but I haven't had time to post about him. So, my TSC Jacy came in, and he's beautiful!



I really like his color, although it does make his head look a little weird for some reason. Probably just me.



He's definitely a handsome guy! He'll look great next to my other Geronimos.



Quality-wise, he's very nice - I don't see any flaws anywhere. It looks like the black of his eyes could have been painted a smidge closer to the edges of the eyes, but it's not that much of an issue.



Besides, I'd rather have this than the opposite effect - black dots slopped all over the eye/eyelids - that's been so common on a lot of models lately.



There's a closeup of his teeny fleabites - they're so small they don't even show up in most of the photos I've seen of this model online! I wonder how they did it - probably some type of airbrush splatter effect, I guess.

In closing, I'm very happy with this model! If only the quality for everything could be this nice.

In other news, word on the street is that we're not getting a Mid-States Exclusive model this year due to low sales. This doesn't really surprise me - our local Runnings store hasn't gotten any Mid-States models since the "Brabant Cross" in 2014 - and I think they still had a few with their meager Christmas display last year! That release was a lovely color, so I have no idea why it sold so poorly, unless it was the $50 price tag. Then again, our store hasn't gotten any of the Holiday Horses in the last few years either, despite the fact that I thought they always sold pretty well. Maybe they just gave up.

Anyway, here's hoping the Mid-States Exclusive gets brought back eventually. In the meantime, my wallet is happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment