Thursday, December 14, 2017

2018 Hopes and Dreams

It's that time of year again - time for me to write about things I'd like to see next year. And I still have time to do it, because Breyer is taking their sweet time unveiling next year's models! In last year's post I talked about Club-related things I wanted to see, but this year I'm going to talk about specific models I'd like to see.

Traditionals:

New draft foal in the Premier Club (maybe this will be the year)
Othello in buttermilk buckskin
Bouncer in any color
Duende in a nice red bay
Carina and Selene in any color
Ashquar as a RR, any color
Bluegrass Bandit in palomino sabino
Nokota in red roan

Classics:
 Some type of new release on the Shire A, Shire B and/or the Show Arabian. The other molds I like are already in the regular run line, so I doubt we'll see much from them.

Stablemates:
New shadowbox set with any of the following molds: G4 Icelandic, G4 Andalusian (Chrome), G3 TWH, G3 Rearing Andalusian, G3 Standing Foal, G2 Morgan, G2 Andalusian, G3 Belgian, G3 Cantering Warmblood, G3 Peruvian Paso, Django or Mirado. And if they aren't used for a shadowbox set, I'd like to see those molds as singles releases or possibly in some new four-piece sets. Colors aren't terribly important to me for these, since Stablemates are usually cheap enough to justify buying them no matter what they look like.

I'd also like to see a continuation of the America the Beautiful web special series, though that seems unlikely.

Another idea I had is for a new Classics series release like the Blossoms and Zodiacs: Holidays. Think about it - almost every month of the year has some kind of holiday. Here's how it could go down:

January: New Year's Day (or Chinese New Year)
February: Valentine's Day (or Groundhog Day or Mardi Gras)
March: St. Patrick's Day (or Purim)
April: April Fool's Day (or Easter or Earth Day)
May: Cinco de Mayo (or May Day)
June: Father's Day (or Juneteenth)
July: 4th of July (or Canada Day for Breyer's Canadian collectors)
August: National Watermelon Day? Not a lot of August holidays.
September: Labor Day (or Rosh Hashanah)
October: Halloween (or Make a Difference Day?)
November: Thanksgiving (or Day of the Dead)
December: Christmas (or Kwanzaa)

Okay, it's not the greatest theme ever. But I think it could work!

That's about all I can think of for now - hopefully Breyer unveils the new releases soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment