Saturday, December 30, 2017

Featured Model - 12/30/2017, Solar

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it! This week's model is...Solar!



This handsome guy was a web special in 2015, part of Breyer's Celestial series. He is item #712134, and a total of 350 models were produced.

I chose this model in honor of the new Premier Club mini-Brishens being shipped out! I can't wait to get mine. In the meantime, this is one of my favorite models on this mold. Silver bay is an excellent color and Breyer usually pulls it off pretty well - the only way to make this one better would be to gloss him, in my opinion. Not that silver bay necessarily needs to be glossy, but gloss just seems to make it pop so well!

Brishen is also among my favorite new molds introduced in the last few years, despite his conformation issues. He's just so floofy and fun! I like the Laredo version of him too, though his legs are admittedly noodly. I hope we see Brishen used again somewhere this year, at some point. But his mini doppelganger is scheduled to appear in the 2018 Premier Club and as a Christmas tree ornament at the end of the year. Does that count toward uses of the full-size mold? We know Breyer doesn't like to use the same mold too many times in the same year.

Whatever the future holds for this mold, I hope the releases aren't too unobtainable! The collection demands more!

No comments:

Post a Comment