Saturday, December 9, 2017

Featured Model - 12/9/2017, Fleabitten Gray G2 Thoroughbred

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...the fleabitten gray G2 Thoroughbred!


This model was part of the Parade of Breeds II set, item #410185, which was sold through JCPenney in 2005. She was issued on the G2 Thoroughbred sculpted by Kathleen Moody.

I'll admit fleabitten gray isn't usually my favorite horse color, on models or in real life, (although I do like a good contrast between the horse's body and mane/tail, with nice dark fleabites) but I like this model. I think the color looks nice on her. I wish the Parade of Breeds sets were still a thing! I love big Stablemate sets and they hardly exist anymore other than the shadowbox set. I hope we get a new shadowbox set for the new year!

As for the mold itself, it's a decent representation of a Thoroughbred, and I like that it's in the phase of the gallop it's in without looking like the horse's hind end is paralyzed and about to collapse (the Copperfox ISH looks this way to me). I have a lot of models on this mold in my collection, and I'd be happy to add more! Let's hope we get something new when the 2018 releases are revealed!

No comments:

Post a Comment