Saturday, May 20, 2017

Featured Model - 5/20/17, Chrome

Happy Preakness Day, everyone! What an upset, right? I don't think anyone saw that coming. Okay, anyways...Welcome to Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Chrome!


 

Chrome was one of the four single-day Stablemates from Breyerfest 2013. That was an interesting Breyerfest for Stablemate collectors - four new molds debuted as single-day Stablemates! The other three molds included Rivet, Indigo and Dungaree.  1,250 models were produced for each of these new molds, and Chrome himself was sculpted by Brigitte Eberl.

This is an interesting mold - he's basically a shrunken-down version of the (Breyer-produced) mini resin Andalusian, also sculpted by Brigitte Eberl, that I can't find a photo of right now. So was this one produced from that mold, or was it sculpted to be very similar?

I'm not sure what it is I like about this mold, but I have three of them, so I guess it's just one of those things. He doesn't have the ridiculous amounts of hair you might expect an Andalusian to have (although he does have plenty of mane, he's just a little lacking in the tail department), His left front leg is also a little weird-looking, but that might just be me. He's an interesting fellow for sure! I wonder where we'll see him next - maybe the Stablemate Club? Heh heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment