Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Brio and Nero are here!

More good news, readers! My Brio and Nero models have arrived, completing this year's Stablemates Club! Huzzah! I'll start with Brio:





















I should have taken a photo of him next to Nero - he's huge! I guess he's more in-scale with Twist, who's also a bit bigger than he should be.























I'm still undecided about this one - he just isn't doing very much for me, although I do like the pearly mane and tail. But I'm not sure I want to sell him either, so I'm just kind of confused about him right now. Maybe if I see him in a different color? His eyes could do with a little more paint detail, too. 

Now, on to Nero! 


















I joked about Sharpieloosas when I ordered him, but he really isn't like that - his spot pattern is much more well-thought-out than something like Triton from a few years back. 



















He's certainly a handsome guy though, and will go well with my other mini Georg models. 





















They're both pretty nice in the quality department, although Brio's eyes could have been painted better and Nero's eyewhites were a little sloppy. 

That's it for today - I'll note that the Collector Club Appreciation event went live this afternoon, and as of now it hasn't sold out yet - so either they made a lot more of those glossies than anyone was expecting, or it just isn't that popular. I guess we'll see if it lasts until 12/18. 

No comments:

Post a Comment