Wednesday, December 20, 2023

2024 Collector Event, and more!

 Exciting news today, readers - the 2024 Collector Event has been announced! I’m typing this post on my phone while traveling for the holidays, so please forgive any formatting errors.











Ooh, interesting! We’re heading to Oklahoma City this time. I was just thinking about this event the other day and the possibilities for the theme - though I thought it would probably be in New Jersey, since it’s been almost 10 years since the last NJ collector event.

So, here are the ticket models for the event! Each attendee will receive these models as part of their ticket. Behold!






Whew! Nothing I need so far. Nice color on the Bobby Jo, though. The tickets are being done via lottery again, and I’m definitely going to try to enter - I’ll have started a new job by then, but I’m hopeful that I’d be able to take Friday off if I managed to be drawn to attend. Shouldn’t be too hard to jump on a Thursday night flight to OKC from where I am if I do get chosen. I’d be thrilled to be able to report from the event as it’s happening - I haven’t been able to do that since 2016! But I’d better not start counting my chickens before they’re hatched. Let’s just hope I manage to get drawn.

In other news, we got another Stablemates Club reveal today, too! Say hello to Wallowa!











So this is the G1 release for next year! And he’s being released in a glossy and matte finish - bad(ish) news for people who collect him, not-so-bad for people who don’t, like me. Huzzah! Kind of a strange color - why are the spots on the front half of his body so light? Actually, he looks like a fleabitten gray in front and black Appaloosa in the back. Maybe he started graying out in front first. At any rate, he’s nothing I need, so I’m going to need a little more encouragement before I join the club for next year. Maybe we’ll get another reveal tomorrow?

In other, other news, people who shelled out the money for the expedited shipping on the Wassail models started receiving them today (!), and while I don’t have any photos I can use just yet, they’re definitely interesting-looking. No one has gotten a Coal yet, but all four of the other colors have appeared. First off, none of them have bald faces, so I have no idea how that description got into the original description on the website yesterday. Secondly, I guess “with filigree” just means “filigree” after all, because both the red and the green “with filigree” were the same as every other filigree model we’ve ever seen, except they don’t have bald faces and look a little weird as a result. The colors look nice though! I was just kinda hoping for a slightly more interesting paint job…and they would have tied in really well with the Swirls’n’Snowflakes horses. Oh well. 

That’s all I have for today, and I’m tired after a day of traipsing through airports. Let’s hope there’s more exciting stuff to post about tomorrow!


2 comments:

  1. Some appaloosas are born with what looks like just a blanket, but as they naturally roan out over time it reveals more spots on the forehand and they look kinda faded & fuzzy. That's what I'm taking this guy to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the benefit of hindsight, I'm with you wondering how Breyer erred so much. No bald face? Your guesses sound good to me as to how such office sloppiness occurred. Coal for that employee! umm... A further surprise is Huck's "coal" turned out to be what I've been calling charcoal since the 70s,.. minus the bald face.

    ReplyDelete