Saturday, January 30, 2021

Featured Model - 1/30/2021, Glossy Polaris

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but would like to, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it! This week's model is...Glossy Polaris! 















This handsome guy is item #703307G, and was a run of six produced on the Huckleberry Bey mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody. 

What a looker this guy is! I've always thought Polaris was one of the best colors Breyer has ever done on Huck, and the gloss kicks it into overdrive. He's just so purty! I'm not exactly sure how he was obtained, though - IDYB lists him as a Breyerwest 2007 volunteer and raffle model and a Breyerfest 2007 raffle, but doesn't give any more detail than that. Maybe four were BW volunteer models, one was raffled there and another was raffled at Breyerfest? Maybe someone who knows more can enlighten me on this. 

As for Huck himself, I think it's time he got some more love. He's appeared in the Breyerfest auction a fairly large number of times, but his last RR appearance was discontinued in 2013, and I don't think we've seen anything else new on him since 2018. Let's see something new, dangit! 

Of course, that could end up being a monkey's-paw type of wish, and he'll end up being a raffle model or something else super-rare. But I can dream! 

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if Huck could be the surprise! I definitely wouldn’t be mad with it.

    ReplyDelete