Sunday, January 17, 2021

Favrile and Apollo!

 Greetings, readers! Well, we have our two Breyerfest reveals for today. Oddly, I'm not as excited about them as I probably should be - but here they are, nevertheless. I'll start with Favrile: 










From the blog: 

Favrile glass is a type of iridescent glass that was first manufactured in Queens, New York in 1896 using a special, patented process.  This model, done on mold #669 and sculpted by Maggie Jenner-Bennett (released as the popular “American Dream” model), has been done in a kaleidoscope of colors inspired by Favrile glass.  He sports a bright, multicolor deco with a shiny gold pattern on top that is an amalgamation of zebra and tiger stripes, as well as Leopard and Cheetah spots, finished with a glossy topcoat. 

That certainly is an insane paint job. I like him and all, don't get me wrong, but I think I'd like him more if the gold areas were silver instead. Just personal preference. He definitely needs to bring his wild self to my house, though! I also feel like he needs just a little bit more pink/red in his color scheme. Not that much, but some, to even things out a little bit. 

Next, let's look at Apollo, another model that wasn't included in the Great Photo Leak! 

 









I'm kind of blah about this one too, honestly. He's like a rehash of 2019's champagne Hero's Welcome, right down to the complete lack of white markings anywhere. I know this one is based on a real horse, while the Hero's Welcome was supposed to be fictional, but...still. Maybe he'll look better in person? I mean, I'll still buy him, but I think other Limited Editions will be higher on the list for me if I get drawn for a VIP ticket. 

The blog says we'll have more reveals tomorrow, so I'm excited to see what those are! I'm guessing they'll be the plush and the Stablemate 4-pack. I can't wait to see what they are! 

No comments:

Post a Comment