Saturday, January 2, 2021

Featured Model - 1/1/2021, 2017 Auction Idocus

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but would like to, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it (Happy New Year, by the way)! This week's model is...the 2017 Breyerfest Auction Idocus! 





This guy was a "Dark Bay Reverse Brindle," produced on the Idocus mold sculpted by Sue Sifton. 

Isn't his color interesting? Due to the complexity of painting brindling, we don't get brindle models very often - the only mass-produced one we've ever had was the brindle variant of Diesel back in 2016, and his paint job still left a little to be desired. So it doesn't seem likely that we'll get a mass-produced brindle model in the future...but never say never, I guess. 

This model is also one of the handful of releases that have featured the braided version of Idocus - and I don't know what it is about this hairdo, but I find him infinitely more attractive with the braided mane. Honestly, if they just did him with the mane on the other side of his neck, I'd probably like him more - I think the issue is with having his mane lay on his show side rather than the off side like usual. I'm also not a fan of banged tails, so that doesn't help either. But that's just my personal preference. 

Anyway, when will we see another Idocus? He had a (braided) special run for the Seattle Soiree last year, but isn't currently being used for anything else. He's never been the most popular mold, but maybe he'll get a web special this year? It may be a while before we see him pop up again, honestly. I don't anticipate seeing him used for Breyerfest or as a Collector Club special run, so your guess is as good as mine. In any case, I hope he still has a braided mane/tail in his next appearance! 

No comments:

Post a Comment