Sunday, January 10, 2021

The next reveal!

 Sheesh, I'm a bit late with this one, I know. I saw the reveal earlier, was going to write a post about it, then saw the bit at the bottom that said there was more coming later and forgot about the whole thing completely...until now. Anyway, here he is - Gran Cavallo! 
















From the blog:
 
In 1482, the Duke of Milan commissioned Leonardo Da Vinci to create for him what would have been, at the time, the largest bronze horse statue in the world - standing at a massive 26 feet tall. In preparation for his creation, Leonardo did an extensive amount of research on horses, and even wrote two separate treatises dedicated to the project – one on horse anatomy, and the other included detailed project plans for this commission. Leonardo’s Horse, also known as Gran Cavallo, was unfortunately never created and the original clay model was ultimately destroyed.


Never mind the fact that the model doesn't look anything like the sketch...oh well. He's pretty, but I'm conflicted about him - a few months ago I decided to cull all of my Peruvian Pasos for shelf space, but haven't managed to sell any of them yet, so...I still have them...and this guy could easily be added to the collection...but I don't have room for them! Blargh. I guess I'll have to do some thinking about it. Anyway, he is definitely pretty! 

No comments:

Post a Comment