Monday, January 11, 2021

The march of new reveals continues!

 Another exciting new reveal today, readers - the palomino Vermeer! Behold! 










Whew, they're making 2,000 of these guys! Well, it's a brand-new mold, so it'll probably sell well. I definitely want one! From the blog:

Georges Seurat was a young artist (he died at age 31) who lived and worked in France during the second half of the 19th century, and is most well-known for his use of pointillism in his paintings.  These incredible works displayed Seurat’s knowledge of color theory as he created stunning images composed solely of tiny dots.

Our Seurat for this year’s BreyerFest celebration isn’t composed solely of dots, but his many dapples reminded us of Seurat’s amazing paintings.  He has been done as a handsome dapple sooty palomino with a pearly mane and tail on the Friesian Sporthorse (mold #806), sculpted by Lynn Fraley and recently released in the 2020 Premier Club.


I don't know if comparing their own company's dapples to pointillism is really a good thing, considering some of the complaints I've seen about crapples, etc., but...whatever floats your boat, I guess. Anyway, I'm excited for the next reveal! 

And yeah, Featured Model was on hiatus last week because I totally forgot about it. I'll get something posted this week, I promise!  

No comments:

Post a Comment