Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Two reveals today!

 Exciting news today - we got two reveals! Yesterday doesn't really count since we didn't actually see the 7 Arts Surprise (resisting the urge to type 7 Rings Surprise). Anyway, meet Tassili
















From the blog: 

Tassili n’Ajjer is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and National Park located in the Sahara Desert in Southern Algeria.  This massive site is home to sandstone rock formations engraved with over 15,000 images, including cattle, antelope, and people, that date to the Neolithic period – about 12,000 years ago.

Our Tassili model for BreyerFest pays homage to this amazing historical site that is a window into the past of humans and art.  He has been done as a bright, coppery chestnut tobiano pinto with a glossy finish, which reminds us of the color of sandstone. Originally sculpted by Brigitte Eberl, the Marwari (mold #722) was first released in 2012 as a Premier Club model, but has more recently been our 2017 Celebration Horse, Nazruddin.


I love this guy! His chestnut color really does look coppery. And I love that he's glossy! I'll be excited to add him to my herd. However, he's a bit overshadowed by the other reveal....

 









AAAAAAAHHHHHH THIS IS EVERYTHING I WANT IN A BREYER MODEL! NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY BE BETTER THAN THIS - I WANT IT ON EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME! I MAY BUY TWO OF THEM, NOT JOKING! 

Okay, anyway. Done hyperventilating now. The only way this model could possibly be better is if it also had color-shift paint and, like, glitter all over it or something. He's totally a Lisa Frank horse in 3D and I love it so much. Not that I had a lot of Lisa Frank stuff as a kid or anything...But I digress. His name is Pollock and holy crap, I have a new inspiration for that far-off day in the maybe future where I win the design your own Breyer at the silent auction. I want this color on everything! Here's his other side for good measure: 











MUST. HAVE. Holy crap. 

Fortunately, they're making 1600 of them, so it shouldn't be too difficult to get hold of one. Which is good, because this guy has to come to my house! 

No comments:

Post a Comment