Sunday, November 29, 2020

Featured Model - 11/29/20, Glossy Grullo Pinto

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but would like to, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...the glossy Grullo Pinto! 
















This handsome guy was a prize model at Breyerfest 2013, with 45 produced. He's item #1703G and was produced on the Ethereal mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody.

This mold is a little more mundane than some of the ones I've featured lately, but my collection of glossy prize models is pretty small, so he's on my wish list all the same. I feel like there was one for sale somewhat recently? Probably out of my price range (I can't really wrap my head around paying more than about $400 for what's basically a regular run with some gloss slapped on top of it). But anyway...

The regular grullo pinto gives me a good feeling when I look at him because it takes me back to Breyerfest 2013, the most recent year (to my knowledge) that Breyer did focus groups at Breyerfest, and I got to participate in one of them (I believe it was supposed to be about the Premier Club, but we ended up talking about a lot of different things). Grullo Pinto was the model I chose for compensation for my time afterward, so he'll always remind me of that special experience. And he's a handsome model to boot! He only looks better with a coat of gloss. 

As for Ethereal, I think it's high time he got a new release - the last time he was used for anything was as Calavera back in 2017. He was a web special in 2013, so enough time has probably passed that he could  be a web special again next year. Or maybe he'll make a Breyerfest appearance? That might be fun. I wouldn't say no to a new RR either, but Breyer has so many new molds coming out lately that the slightly older ones seem to be getting a bit neglected. But here's hoping! 

Huh...I thought I finished and submitted this post last night, but I guess not. Oh well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment