Saturday, November 21, 2020

Featured Model - 11/21/20, Valour and Honour

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but would like to, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model(s) are...Valour and Honour! 










This delightful duo were raffle models at last year's Breyerfest. They're item #711358 on the Rhian and Cadell molds sculpted by Josine Vingerling, and only 26 sets were made.

Raffle models lately tend to be the sort of thing that makes you wince when they're revealed, because you want them really badly (naturally), but you know you'll probably never own them if your luck isn't good enough to win them. That's how it usually is for me, at least. And this set is no exception. They're adorable together, though! The foal I could take or leave, but I love the mare. 

As for the molds themselves, I'm wondering if we'll eventually see a family release with them paired with Bouncer. Wouldn't he make a great dad for Cadell? Breyer hasn't done a family set for quite a while, other than Classics sets, so who knows if they'd actually do it or not. But I bet they'd sell like hot cakes! 

Otherwise, I'm not sure where we could expect to see these next, other than as a regular run (which wouldn't be too much of a reach, since they got their second Breyerfest release this year). Maybe they'll make an appearance as the holiday mare and foal set next year? That would be fun, though I'd rather see Susecion and Le Fire there first. I guess we'll have to wait and see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment