Friday, November 6, 2020

An embarrassment of riches!

 ...Or maybe just an embarrassment. No? Hmm, probably not. 

Anyway, I got a ton of stuff in the mail today! Not my CCA order, unfortunately, but everything else I've ordered lately is here, unless I'm forgetting something. Let's start with the new Unicorn Magic wood carry barn: 

















This was the only photo I took - didn't have time to get individual photos. They sure are cute lined up in their barn, though! I'll probably save the barn itself and the Stablemates I don't want for my kids. Anyway, there's two each of the G2 Andalusian, the G2 Saddlebred and the G3 Standing Stock Horse. Each one is a different color, despite the fact that some of them look the same in the photo. The G2 Saddlebred on the far right is actually an interesting little green blanket Appaloosa, which is kind of fun. I wasn't expecting that, since these paint jobs seem so basic. 

And yes, they're molded from some type of slightly more flexible plastic - their legs started warping inward a little as soon as I took them off the cardboard inserts holding them into the barn. I wouldn't say they're as bendy as a Schleich, but there's definitely more give there than a typical ABS or cellulose acetate model. Still, the colors are fun and I'll still add these to my collection.

I also ordered the Breyer Farms carry barn, but that still shows as backordered, so I'm guessing I'll get that later. Let's move on to Bellatrix and Spica! 

















Interestingly, the foal doesn't quite match the mare, as you can see in the photo. I'm not sure if I've seen that happen in any other photos or not. 

















People have been saying the dapples on these are pretty subtle, but I don't think mine have any dapples at all. Which is what I'd expect for the foal, but I couldn't see anything on the mare. I'll have to take her out in some better light later.
















Quality-wise, they're pretty good, except the mare's horn is unfortunately misaligned, and their silver hooves could have been painted a little more neatly. I really like this pair, especially the contrast of their silver hooves and horn against their dark coats. More of this, please! Spica needs a father! 

Lastly, here's my Troubadour! 

















This one is a big boi! I love his coloring, too. 

















He definitely didn't get hit with the skinny stick like so many new Breyer molds have. I love him! And he doesn't have a lot of flaws, either.

















I've seen a lot of complaints about the masking on his mane, but I think that's about as good as a person could hope for. I'm excited to see what other colors Breyer puts on this guy! I'm sure he'll be a raffle model next year, and probably two or three other things, so we won't have TOO long to wait! In the meantime, I hope Breyer gets this year's PC Stablemates shipped out a little earlier - I want to see my Lyric up close! 

No comments:

Post a Comment