Saturday, November 14, 2020

Featured Model - 11/14/20, Fruit Stripe Zebra

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but would like to, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...the Fruit Stripe Zebra! 















This amazing model was an auction model at Breyerfest 2000, produced on the Zebra mold sculpted by Kristina Lucas Francis. 

I believe I've mentioned this before, but someday I'd like to meet the person that designed this model and shake their hand, because I love it! I'm sure many of us have fond memories of chewing Fruit Stripe gum as kids (and chewing the whole pack in quick succession because the flavor was so short-lived)! I have a weakness for rainbows anyway, and adding nostalgia to it just makes it even better. Maybe someday my star will come and I'll find this model for sale! 

Anyway, before last year the Zebra mold had been released in very few colors. Now that we finally got our candy cane zebras, I'm actually kind of at a loss for what I want to see in a Christmas release this year. Hopefully it's something I can get my hands on, but that doesn't tend to be an issue these days. I guess you never know. I guess I'll settle for hoping it's something I don't need to buy, so my wallet can have a rest. That's always a Christmas miracle! 

As for the Zebra itself, I'm hopeful that we'll get a new release on it soon. Maybe a new RR zebra? The old zebra was produced before Breyer had perfected their current masking technique, so it would be interesting to see a new one produced with the current painting techniques. Or maybe they could do a blond or melanistic zebra? Either of those would be super cool. Let's hope the poor neglected Zebra mold gets a new release soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment