Friday, July 6, 2018

The last group of auction models!

Wow, I'm kind of surprised...I would have thought Breyer would have saved some of the auction reveals for Breyerfest week, but I guess not. The last batch of models - well, most of them - was posted on the blog today. Behold, lot 24!



Otherwise knows as Woodford, the Saturday raffle.  I hope I win this guy just so I can trade him for a raffle model I do want.

And we don't get to see lot 25. Since I have to be at the Horse Park on Thursday afternoon for a meeting anyway, I'm definitely planning on swinging through the Visitor Center and seeing this mystery lots for myself.

So, on to lot 26!



This one really reminds me of Silver Fox, the raffle model from 2001, but in glossy! That said, I'm not the Five Gaiter's biggest fan, but I bet this one will go high.

Next, lot 27!



Excuse me for a moment while I play armchair grammarian with this sentence from the blog:

Originally sculpted as a portrait of the Morgan gelding Flash, the United States Pony Clubs [sic] 50th Anniversary Horse and this version of Flash has a Connemara Mare Tail and is a Sooty Dapple Buckskin Overo Pinto.
That's a giant run-on sentence, and adding some periods doesn't even fix it. Interestingly, the IDYB page for Flash has the same missing apostrophe in "Clubs," that appeared in the above run-on sentence. Copy and paste much, interns? Though I admit there aren't a lot of different ways to write about the horse being the USPC 50th Anniversary Horse. Here's how I would have written that paragraph:

"Originally sculpted as a portrait of the Morgan gelding Flash, the United States Pony Club's 50th Anniversary Horse, this version of Flash is a sooty dapple buckskin overo pinto and has a custom Connemara Mare tail."

Much better. There's no reason to capitalize any of the words in the model's color and it flows better to have the color come first. Let's hope somebody gives the interns some grammar lessons, because the previous blog posts about these models haven't been much better than this.

Anyway, let's move on to the final auction lot, which we've also already seen. Say hello (again!) to Jackpot:



Mmm, this guy is yummy. I hope I win him too! I wouldn't trade him away, though.

So that's all of this year's auction models. I kinda have to say...I'm not terribly impressed by this year's group. There are a few gems in there, but nothing really spectacular like last year. I'm surprised there wasn't an auction lot on Carina and Selene, for instance, considering last year's other two Premier Club models did.

In other thoughts, we still haven't seen a Smarty Jones auction model. Unless he's one of the four hidden lots, I'd say it's very likely he's the surprise, or the volunteer model. We won't know more until we see them in the Visitor Center - can't wait until next Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment