Monday, July 30, 2018

Sanibel is here! (And Dark Horse Surprise numbers!)

Good news, everyone! My Sanibel arrived today! Check him out!



Unfortunately, I think the Sanibel I got isn't much more subtle in the dapple department than the sample at Breyerfest was.



I didn't see any major flaws on him, though, so I suppose I can't complain about the dapples too much. He does have the hint of shimmer to him, though it was hard to capture in photographs. And as usual, I like how detailed his eyes are.



He does have nice shading, but just...take a look at these dapples.



They're just too uniform and evenly distributed. I had the same issue with my palomino splash Dark Horse. But I doubt Breyer would exchange this guy for another one, so I suppose I'm stuck with this one.

Speaking of Dark Horses, the quantities for the Dark Horse Surprise were finally released today! So, here we go!

Splash Palomino: 1050 matte, 175 glossy
Appaloosa: 850 matte, 175 glossy
Bay Pinto: 575 matte, 175 glossy
Decorator: 425 matte, 175 glossy
Black: 225 matte, 175 glossy

Interestingly enough, the quantities of the glossies this year are the same as they were last year, at 175. They've been increasing over the past few years, so maybe Breyer has finally reached their stopping point? I guess we'll find out next year.

From 10 special run tickets this year, we were able to get Dark Horse Surprises with 8 of them. Here's what we pulled:

Matte Splash Palomino: 2
Matte Appaloosa: 2
Matte Bay Pinto: 2
Matte Decorator: 1
Glossy Decorator: 1

I suppose that's not too bad of a distribution, but I still wish I'd been able to get a matte black to complete the set. I'll have to wait until the prices go down and see if I can get my hands on him later.

Also, the word on Facebook is that new blind blag Stablemates and Stablemate sets are showing up at Walmarts around the country. We don't have them in stock locally, but I'm sure they'll show up at some point. The chase piece for the new blind bag assortment is a pink-and-black Icelandic, so I'll definitely be looking for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment