Saturday, July 14, 2018

Breyerfest Day 2: Insane Craziness

Breyerfest day 2 is over! It was a long, sweaty day, but mostly worth it. First off, we finally found out the volunteer model - Othello! He's my main conga, so I'm super glad I was picked off the volunteer reserve list this year.

In other news, in three trips through the special run line, we were able to obtain more Dark Horse Surprise models, including a glossy decorator! (And a duplicate matte palomino pinto I'm hoping to trade for an equivalent black or decorator.)

 

I think the red does make him go faster. He'll definitely fit right in on my shelves!

I was also able to get Julep and Pim:

 

They're just as pretty as the promo pictures! Now if only Pim had a better name...

I also picked up a Straight Bet!

 

He's definitely nice, and I love his glossy goodness.

In addition to three special run lines, we also squeezed in a(n) incredibly sweaty volunteer shift, a trip to Stonestreet where we unexpectedly were able to see Rachel Alexandra (!), the raffle (nothing there), the costume contest (nothing there either, but they only awarded 3 winners from 50ish participants) and most of the Saturday night Celebration of Horses. My husband was lucky enough to get a big helping of "45 minutes stuck in traffic yet again" after the raffle! So we left the Celebration of Horses early (again) so we wouldn't get stuck in traffic afterward (again). So a little bit of a mixed bag there, but I'm totally stoked about seeing Rachel Alexandra and pulling a glossy from the special run line. (Photos of me in my costume may or may not show up here later...)

I was also lucky enough to be in the room when the Best Customs Contest winners were announced, and I was immensely pleased when the koi horse won in the Fantasy division! Definitely a worthy winner there.

That's all I've got for today, but I'm sure there'll be lots more exciting things happening tomorrow. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment