Sunday, July 22, 2018

New Arrivals: Winner's Circle, Julep and Pim

Breyerfest has been over for a week already! Where does the time go? Well, in lieu of anything more exciting to post about, I took some quick cellphone photos of a few of my new Breyerfest arrivals. First up are Winner's Circle and Julep and Pim! I'll start with Winner's Circle!



I'm pleased to report that he isn't cast from ABS plastic, like I thought he'd be. Nope, it appears he's made from good old cellulose acetate! Breyer must have decided to sell him for ABS price for the fun of it, I guess. I'm not really into having models signed, so I didn't test out the marker that came with him. Hopefully those were up to snuff! Otherwise, I think his color is really nice!

Next, my beautiful dark Julep:



Most of the Breyerfest models I've seen from this year were quite nice, quality-wise, and my Julep is no exception. I didn't see a flaw on her! She's dark and pretty and I can't wait to get her on my shelf with her sisters! Her color is stunning and I'm glad I added her to my collection.

And lastly, Pim:



New to Breyerfest packing jobs this year was the foam between the Pim foals' legs. I didn't save a sample of it, but just imagine small foam inserts between both pairs of legs. I don't know if it helped support the legs or not, but at least they tried, right? Not much else to say about this one, except Pim's name is still dumb and I'm probably not going to get over it. She is nice, though, and I love her blue eye.

That's all I have for right now - tune in soon for more Breyerfest models!

No comments:

Post a Comment