Saturday, July 21, 2018

Featured Model - 7/21/2018, Maleficent

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model! I made it back from Breyerfest and I'm ready to start things back up! Featured Model is the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Maleficent!



Produced on the G3 Rearing Andalusian sculpted by Jane Lunger, this model was one of four Single-Day Stablemates from Breyerfest 2011. He was item #711212 and 750 models were produced.

For the longest time, I somehow forgot this model even existed. I knew about Merryweather, Flora and Fauna, but somehow Maleficent got purged from my mind, if he was ever there at all. But a couple of years ago I snagged a Merryweather on eBay and was stunned when I saw the little collector card he came with. It had a picture of Maleficent on it! I suppose it didn't help the situation that you almost never see Maleficent up for sale anywhere - he's a popular little guy.

I really like this model's color - he's a nice, dark purple, like a grape Popsicle. And if you look at him close, he has red eyes - just like the real (cartoon) Maleficent, right? Maybe not, but still. And this model has elegance and sassiness, just like cartoon Maleficent! Win-win.

As for the mold itself, he's a popular one, and shows up in the Breyer lineup frequently. Currently he's being used in the Dapples and Dots set, but he's appeared many times before that. I hope he gets another special run appearance soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment