Sunday, July 15, 2018

Breyerfest Day 3: All Over (For Another Year)

Another Breyerfest is in the books! It's been a long weekend, but totally worth it. Although I haven't taken a picture of my volunteer model yet, feel free to drool over Robin's glossy one:

 

Word on the street is that there are five of these gorgeous guys. Aside from Robin's, I saw another one (not for sale) in a room at the Clarion,  so that makes two I've seen in the flesh. But that's probably the closest I'll ever get to owning one unless I find a money tree in my backyard.

Anyway, you've probably heard by now, but next year's theme is...this!

 

Salute to Horse Heroes, eh? Like...war heroes? Police horses? Old-timey fire wagon horses? Or even TV or movie horses? I guess we'll have to wait until next year to find out. At least Breyerfest is on the same weekend next year! As for that horse on the banner, I've heard mixed messages about who it is. Apparently someone asked a Breyer staffer about it and was told it was just a random horse they put on the banner, but...when has Breyer ever done anything random?

Personally, I'd be okay with the Celebration Horse being on the Moody ASB, as he's one of my favorite molds. And I hate to be a grouch, but...that mold has been done in palomino twice before, so any extras next year probably won't be easy to resell afterward. Not that any celebration models from the last few years haven't taken me months to sell or anything, but yeah...

Anyway. It's possible this palomino ASB is a portrait of some police horse or something, or it could just be a random model like Breyer said. But I doubt it's random, just for the record.

Our special run line luck continued to be lackluster today, as we failed to pull any other glossy surprises or either of the black ones. I was really hoping to be able to get the matte black to complete the matte set, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Maybe later the prices will drop to a less insane height and I can get my hands on him.

In other news, I finally got a By a Nose today - he's been selling out at every ticket time. This surprised me a little bit, as I thought Lonesome Glory's popularity had died down a bit in recent years, but I guess that isn't the case. If only he'd been the matte and glossy split instead of Sierra Rose! I suspect people would have been going even more crazy than usual over him.

As for possible leftovers, from what I've seen online, Newmarket, Dead Heat and Inari were the only things left after today's last ticket time. I'm really surprised Dead Heat flopped so hard - I thought both of those colors were really nice. I wonder if people being able to choose their color had something to do with that? I'm sure they'd have sold more if people had to keep buying them over and over until they got both colors, as that's what I was prepared to do on Friday.

Oh well. We'll see what's left when the leftovers go up for sale to ticket holders in a few weeks. In lieu of any other interesting photos, here's a lackluster one of Brass Hat I was able to snap in the Covered Arena after the raffle (no luck, again) this afternoon.

 

I'll have to post a loot photo later - I didn't buy as much at the Clarion this year as I have in past years, probably because my sales were so lackluster (until today, go figure). I'll have to try to get better things to sell next year, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment