Thursday, July 12, 2018

Breyerfest Day 0: Stop the Insanity!




Wow, it's been a long day. We managed to drive the remaining distance to Kentucky in time for my meeting at the Horse Park, and it's been a whirlwind of activity since then. But we're set up in Room 409 at the Clarion again, so come on by and say hi! In other news, I got a glimpse of the hidden auction lots while I was at the Horse Park. Check them out!


 
 


 



 

So those are a Bouncer, Carina and Selene ( I knew they'd be auction models!), a to-die-for Zebra and a Smart Chic Olena.  This doesn't change any of my opinions about the surprise - I'm still going with Smarty as my final prediction.

I also managed to get down to the Artisan's Gallery to get a quick look at the special run models on display there. News flash: the last America the Beautiful special run model is on Huck! Didn't I speculate that a while back? And he's gorgeous to boot, but I'll save that for another post.

 

So in the above photo we have Sierra Rose, both versions of Dead Heat, Julep and Pim, Straight Bet and Brass Hat/Lonesome Glory hanging out in the background. The Sierra Rose is matte, so we'll see glossy ones tomorrow.

 

Here's a different angle of the above. I LOVE the pearly mane and tail on Dead Heat. I'm definitely going to try to get both! As expected, these are the short-tail versions of Ruffian.


 

That's the crystal; I'm still not terribly impressed with him. I'm still hoping this means we see the Hambletonian resin in plastic, though. I guess there's a bit of Newmarket in the photo too, and I missed getting his full body in the photo - I was in too much of a hurry, I guess. Oh well. Looks like I missed By a Nose too, but I'll just have to get a photo of him tomorrow.

 

In this photo we have the store specials Icabad Crane, Old Ironsides, Lonesome Glory and glossy Foiled Again. I definitely need to get that Lonesome Glory; the Breyer employee guarding them said his masking is different from the original release.

 

Here we have most of the pop-up store specials, minus the Adios for some reason. I still can't believe they didn't gloss the Scamper or something. Born to Run is still trying to grow on me, but I think I can resist. Still not into Hands Down either, so there's that.

Lastly, here are the one-day Stablemates:



 

I'm incredibly happy to see Breyer left the McPie boxes at home this year and gave these guys the satin bags they deserved. Whoo! Still looking to get my hands on Man o' War tomorrow, and also Silver Charm, for...reasons. Reasons that don't involve the costume contest at all. Not even a little bit.

Okay, anyway. That's all I've got for tonight. Tune in tomorrow for more exciting Breyerfest updates!


No comments:

Post a Comment