Sunday, March 5, 2017

Vintage Club Quinn

If you've been wondering what the next Vintage Club release is for this year, wonder no more - it will be the Sham, Quinn! Breyer posted a new photo of him on their Facebook page, and boy is he yummy!




There's no word on when he'll be officially available yet. He certainly is pretty, and a few years ago I might have bought him, but now...nah. I used to have 11 or so Shams in my collection, but the dreaded shelf space shortage struck again (that's a lot of s-words), so the Shams were culled. It's a nice color though, and I wouldn't mind seeing it on a few other models.

As for whether Sham is really a vintage mold or not, that depends on your definition of vintage. If the Sham mold is older than you are, you'd probably consider it vintage. If you were in high school or college when it was released, you probably wouldn't. It's a question Breyer is going to have to figure out eventually, because the definition of vintage is naturally going to start including newer and newer molds as time goes by. Personally, I don't have a problem with including Sham in the VC (after all, the mold was released before I was born), but I've never been a member of the VC nor have I ever had much interest in vintage models, so my opinion may not be worth much.

No comments:

Post a Comment