Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Breyerfest 2017 Predictions 2: Raffle and Prize Boogaloo!

Well, it's time to get out the crystal ball again! In lieu of more exciting news, I'll jot down my predictions for Breyerfest 2017's raffle models, contest prizes and other miscellaneous stuff. I'm probably wrong about most of these, but we'll see in a few months! I'm only predicting molds, not colors or names, because I don't want to put that much thought into something I'm probably wrong about anyway. So, let's get this show on the road!

Raffle models - Show Jumping Warmblood, head-down Make a Wish

Diorama contest prize: Stud Spider

Live show glossy prizes: Paint Me a Pepto, Hwin

Live show reserve grand: Wyatt
Live show grand: Adios

Custom contest grand prize: alternate color 2017 Premier model, probably True North
Custom contest runners-up Stablemates: alternate colors of 2017 Stablemate Club models

Costume contest prize: glossy Nazruddin (not much mystery there)

1-Day Stablemates: Django, G4 Driving Horse, G2 Warmblood, G2 Thoroughbred

Volunteer Model: Croi, since they seem to be using her a lot lately

Crystal horse: Carltonlima Emma

Pop-up Tent Classic: Polo Pony

More-different (decorator) Pop-up Tent Classic: Harper

Pop-up Tent Stablemate: G2 Rearing Arabian


At least one of the store specials leaked on Facebook a couple of days ago - a blue roan Bluegrass Bandit named Repeat the Beat, portrait of the real TWH who jumps (interestingly enough). Breyer posted a sneak peek on the blog today, probably because of the Facebook leak. Here's the peek:



Looks like a blue roan Bluegrass Bandit to me. I'll hold off on more commentary on that until the model is officially revealed. I'm not going to predict other store specials, because they're usually based on guest horses, there isn't always more than one, and there isn't really any way to predict what they'll be ahead of time.

So, those are all I can think of for now - hopefully I got at least a few of them right, though we'll have to wait until Breyerfest itself to see what some of them are. It's going to be a long five months, but worth the wait, I hope!

2/8/2017: Edited to update my prediction for the Classics in the tent. Can't believe I forgot about the Polo Pony!

No comments:

Post a Comment