Saturday, February 18, 2017

Featured Model - 2/18/2017, Shenanigans


Hello, intrepid readers! Welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. The long march of time between Breyerfests is slowly grinding its way onward; join me as I continue my trek through the wastes, buoyed only by the occasional nuggets of information doled out from our cold, unfeeling overlords Breyer headquarters. Why, just this morning I received a missive an email from Breyer promoting the literal dog-and-pony-show coming to this year's Breyerfest and providing a large clue as to the identity of Thursday's teaser photo! But, I digress (sorry, I'm feeling a little dramatic today). This week's Featured Model is... Shenanigans!



This handsome boy was produced in 2006 as one of that year's Connoisseur models, in an edition of 350. He's item number 90136, issued on the cartoony-yet-endearing Goffert mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody.

All jokes aside, Goffert really is quite cartoonish, with ridiculous amounts of hair, but I like him anyway. This color in particular is quite handsome on him, other than the unfortunate greenish tinge to parts of his mane. His rock-star looks lend themselves well to pretty much any paint job; he's practically the definition of "go big or go home." Taskin, Red Carpet Royalty and Labyrinth are all particularly nice -not that any of Goffert's paint jobs have been bad. Of course, my ultimate grail on this mold would be the Star Fairy auction model from 2011, despite my dislike for pink. The mold got a lot of use in 2014, but has only popped up once since then, as Mason from the Chasing the Chesapeake event. Let's hope he gets another regular run release soon, or even shows up at this year's Breyerfest!

And speaking of Breyerfest, the email I got earlier introduced audiences to the "Dynamic Duo" of Dally and Spanky, guests at this year's Breyerfest. Seems like I already knew they would be there, but that wasn't the surprise. The email said Dally and Spanky would have "their very own special model set (to be revealed soon!)." So that would explain the S on Thursday's teaser photo. I'm guessing it will be on one of the mini molds, probably either Midnight Tango or the Shetland Pony (accompanied by the JRT companion dog, naturally). The real question is, will they be a tent SR, or something in the pop-up store? We'll have to wait until at least Monday to find out. I won't be buying them either way as I don't collect any of those molds, but it'll still be fun to see what they are! Let's hope they don't make us wait longer than sometime Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment