Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Please don't be a cow...


At long last, a hint about the year's final Premier Club model has been posted! (Under Club News on the Breyer website.) Photo from the website:



As usual, someone at Breyer needs a grammar lesson. It's peek, not peak. Here's a highly useful illustration on the subject.

At first glance, I like the pattern; I'm a little iffy on how good the execution is going to be, though. We all remember how Wyatt turned out, and the Hermosa/Corazon set from last year had its issues, too.

That said, it definitely has promise, and I have no opposition to spotted horses. Someone on Blab, though, said it looks like a cow. And...it kind of does? Which makes me nervous that it will, in fact, be some type of bovine. This is a Brigitte Eberl sculpt, though, and as far as I know, she isn't known for sculpting cows. That, and I think there would be a pretty big uproar if Breyer threw a cow into the mix. The Premier Club verbiage on the website explicitly says the Club is supposed to celebrate the artistry of model horses, however, so I wouldn't get too worried.

As for what breed this model is supposed to be, my vote would be for a Knabstrupper or perhaps some type of warmblood. We've already had one stock horse this year, so I doubt we'd get another one so soon. A Saddlebred would also be welcome - perhaps even a Spotted Saddle Horse? One can only dream.

Also, according to the sneak peek, this model is a mare! Whoo! More female representation is always appreciated. No word on when we'll see the full model - I'm hoping for tomorrow just because it seems like we should have found out what the darn thing is weeks ago! So the sooner, the better. I'll be crossing my fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment