Thursday, October 6, 2016

Featured Model - 10/6/2016, Bluegrass Bandit


Hello and welcome to yet another Featured Model, the weekly event where I pick a random model from my collection and give some stats and commentary about it. This week's model is...Bluegrass Bandit!



This pretty girl, model number 585, was the original release on this mold, sculpted by Kathleen Moody and Sommer Prosser. She was released in 2008 and ran until 2009, a fairly brief time frame.

I have to wonder what the story behind this model is - I admit I don't know how it all went down. Was it a collaboration between two artists to start with, or did something happen? This is the only Breyer mold I know of that's credited to two sculptors. Inquiring minds want to know!

The model itself is quite pretty - I love her rose-gray hue and her mostly-white tail. Her stance is much less weird-looking than the Dixieland Grand porcelain. Even better, the introduction of this mold meant Breyer could retire the old Midnight Sun mold for good (though that decision was likely made long before this mold came into being).

This is one of my favorite molds; I have all of her more attainable releases, and I especially love I'm Yours; she looks like she's made out of candy. Some people don't like her because of her admittedly-cartoony looks; I like a good cartoon horse just as much as the next girl, though! I think it's high time she came back into the regular run lineup - other than her short run as the 2012 Breast Cancer Awareness model, she hasn't been featured as a RR since her original, all-too-brief release. Show this southern girl some love already!

No comments:

Post a Comment