Friday, January 3, 2020

Two of my zebras are here!

Excellent news, everyone! Two of my Christmas Candy zebras came today, a day early - behold! A red and a green! I'll start with the red:



I really like them! I wasn't sure Breyer would be able to pull off this type of paint job, but I think they turned out really well.



The eyes were nicely detailed as well, for being simply painted:



I liked the right ear on this one - I kinda wish they all looked like that. Not that I'm complaining or anything. Here's the green!



I love how they nailed the "candy" look to these. Like, even if they aren't candy cane-shaped, they still look almost good enough to eat. Mmm!



They were both really nice in terms of quality - nice crisp stripes and well-painted eyes. They had a couple small pinprick-sized goobers here and there, but nothing major. As for the prices, well, it would have been nice if they were cheaper, but I suspected the complexity of the paint job would mean the prices would be higher in return, so I'm not going to complain about it too much.

My last zebra is still on its way - I'm not sure if it'll be here tomorrow or next week. Crossing my fingers for a Licorice, of course, but I'd be happy with a blue or a gold too!

No comments:

Post a Comment