Thursday, January 2, 2020

Breyerfest tickets are on sale!

Exciting news, everyone - Breyerfest tickets are now on sale!



Not a lot of new reveals - they'll still be doing the Breyer Lounge in the Covered Arena as usual - those tickets are $35 each on top of the Breyerfest ticket cost. I can't remember if that's an increase from last year or not! I don't think I'll be springing for those - I would have been more interested last year, since we had our daughter with us and spent most of our time upstairs in the Covered Arena (I was terrified she would come down with heatstroke). The refreshments are decent, though (not that I would know or anything...)

I did see that the Early Bird model is called "Dyflin." I'm going to grumble a little bit here, because they usually reveal the Early Bird model when tickets go on sale....grrrr. Oh well. We can pick our special run times again, which is nice.

There's no costume contest this year, so that'll be something different. Still plotting whether I'll try to attend both of the Celebration of Horses shows at the Alltech to maximize my raffle chances with the glossy Celebration Model...

Info for the Diorama Contest is very specific - entrants are limited to scenes from Celtic mythology or the early history of Great Britain or Ireland ONLY! I'm sure that'll narrow things down.  I wonder if anyone will do a Lady Godiva? If so, I'm rather partial to this painting, myself. Lonesome Glory with a lowered head would be a pretty good match for the horse, and if the rider is in the same pose, you might be able to keep it somewhat family-friendly. Too bad I don't have the artistic skills to pull it off...

As for entertainment, this year we'll have the Freestylers of Piping (bagpipe music) and the Bluegrass Cieli Academy dancers, as well as Sylvia Zerbini! Sounds interesting, as long as nobody gets deafened by the bagpipes.

Guest horses are Ballynoe Castle RM, natch, as well as the driving ponies the Gangsters, Avatar's Jazzman, Stingray, Tempel Lipizzans (cool!), all of whom have new models in the 2020 lineup. The website doesn't say if there will be any other guests to correspond with the mid-year releases, so we'll have to wait and see on that one.

That's about all I could find for pertinent information - hopefully we get some model reveals soon. We're fast approaching the part of the year where exciting reveals are few and far between, so any new reveals are greatly appreciated around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment