Saturday, January 4, 2020

Featured Model - 1/4/2020, Haute Couture

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it! This week's model is...Haute Couture!



This handsome guy was one of the special run line items at Breyerfest 2015. He was item #711222 and was a run of 1200 on the Marwari mold sculpted by Brigitte Eberl.

Haute Couture was the hot model of Breyerfest 2015! Everyone had to get their hands on him...which is odd, since the mold isn't super-popular. But he did have a new hairdo for this release, so that probably had something to do with it. Incidentally, the new 'do wasn't seen again until last year's Khalid special run. Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of the mane and forelock...but the swishing tail is fun. As for his color, black leopard is always eye-catching, and this guy is no exception. I don't really have anything to complain about with this guy - he even has mottling on his muzzle!

Too bad we don't see the Marwari mold used more often - I feel like he's been overshadowed by more recent releases, which I guess is a risk you take when you suddenly start releasing 3-4 new molds every year for the foreseeable future. We did get the aforementioned Khalid, and in May we'll get some glossy Khalids - I hope I get one! No real predictions about where else we'll see him, with or without his curly ears - maybe he'll be a web special? I don't see him popping up at Breyerfest, but I suppose it's always possible. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment