Friday, February 22, 2019

Muir Woods is here!

Hello, readers! Sorry for the delay in getting this posted - my Muir Woods model came on Tuesday, but I just haven't had a chance to write about him until today. Here he is!



Here he is with glosssy Fiero! As you can see, they're actually a pretty good match, though Muir Woods may be a tad darker.



I have to say I love the sheen on this model. "Sheen" is the best word I can use for it, because I'm not sure what it actually is - I don't think it's metallic. Pearlescent, maybe? Or iridescent? Like I said, it's some type of sheen, and I love it.



His eyes are nicely done, but I've come to expect that by now. He does have a slightly bent ear tip, but it's nothing major.




Quality-wise, he's not perfect - those dapples aren't very subtle at all, and he has a small piece of hair in his gloss on his right shoulder. It's not very noticeable unless you really look for it, though, so at least there's that.



All in all, this guy is another knockout addition to the America the Beautiful series and a great addition to my collection. I can't wait to see the next model in the series! (As well as any other upcoming releases on this mold, since Breyer has been using him relatively frequently lately - Kehinde, Muir Woods, Cap...anything else, while you're at it?).



No comments:

Post a Comment