Saturday, February 23, 2019

Featured Model - 2/23/2019, Rajah

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it! This week's model is...Rajah!



Rajah was a Collector Club special run for the first part of 2014. He's item #712114 and was produced on the Marwari mold sculpted by Brigitte Eberl. While I don't think we ever got production numbers for him, these types of special runs tend to number around 1,000, so that's what I would assume his production size to have been.

Whew! I guess it's been a while since I took a look at this model - he's a bit small anyway, and I have so many other models that this mold tends to disappear on the shelves. This color looks smashing on him, though! He has great shading, and while Breyer's dapples tend to leave something to be desired, his aren't too bad. And I love the snip on his nose! He's definitely a pretty guy.

As for the mold itself, it's gotten a bit of a rest in recent years - it was originally introduced in the 2012 Premier Club, and has since been a  regular run, a Breyerfest live show prize, a Breyerfest special run, the Breyerfest Celebration Model in matte and glossy (I'm sensing a pattern here), and several Breyerfest auction models. Where will he pop up next? I'm wondering if Breyer would use him (or his modified counterpart, to fit the America the Beautiful theme) this year. He isn't the most popular mold of all time, so who knows if they'd actually do it. But I wouldn't complain if they did!

I doubt we'll see him at Breyerfest this year unless he's the surprise model, but that doesn't seem likely to me. That reminds me - I need to do a Breyerfest predictions post for this year. Hopefully I'll find some spare time later this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment