Saturday, February 9, 2019

Featured Model - 2/9/2019, American Spotted Draft Shire B

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it! This week's model is...the American Spotted Draft Shire B!



This handsome guy was produced in 2009 as a regular run. He's item #620 on the Shire B mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody.

I've always wondered why this guy's production run was so short - he's definitely handsome! Classic models aren't always known for being hot sellers, though, so that might explain it. I finally got my hands on him a couple of months ago (two of them, actually) and they spent a couple of months in a sunny window in the hopes it would cure their unfortunate yellow tinge, but I don't think it did much. Oh well. It's a nice paint job, though! And his blue-and-yellow ribbons make me happy; they're probably just supposed to be Breyer colors, but my alma mater also uses those colors, so yay!

As for the Shire B himself, he still doesn't get much use these days, but last year's Callahan special run was definitely appreciated! I hope they use him again soon! Maybe he'll get a new regular run release. I can only hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment