Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Holy crap!

Exciting news today - there's a new test run available for entry on the Breyer website! Here he is:



Okay, I'll admit I've never been a big fan of the Semi-Rearing Mustang, but that color is STUNNING!



From the website:

The Semi Rearing Mustang is one of the most popular Chris Hess sculptures! He was sampled in this striking glossy dappled black in the last decade. His mane and tail are a smoky shaded pearly grey, giving him a very dramatic look.

Dramatic, indeed! I'm surprised they're parting with something so relatively recent - I don't think many of the other tests they've sold over the last couple of years were less than 20 years old. Whoever wins this guy will have a beautiful addition to their collection! Or...they'll have a really, really nice resale piece.

I'm not going to lie; I'm entering for this guy on all our accounts. His price from Breyer is $850, but if he's sold on the secondary market, I'd be astounded if he didn't bring at least $3000. We've been saving for a new car, and well...that's a really nice chunk of change we could add to the down payment.

I'm guessing there are a lot of other people intending to do the same thing, though, so I won't get my hopes up. He should go to a permanent home first, anyway! 

No comments:

Post a Comment