Wednesday, October 17, 2018

The third Premier Club model for 2018 has been revealed!

...Well, most of him has, and his name is Emerson! Check him out! He was sculpted by Sue Sifton.



I...don't know how excited I am about this model, honestly. I like his head, but he looks like Geronimo II or something.

The scuttlebutt on Blab and Facebook is that this is a portrait of American Pharoah Sue did a while ago.



He looks even more like Geronimo from this angle. Like, I agree Breyer could use a few more Thoroughbred molds, but...they couldn't have pull a mini-Alborozo and flipped him or something? If you stood him next to Geronimo, you'd barely know the difference. They'll probably end up using Geronimo as a Thoroughbred portrait model sometime in the future! Bleh.

Maybe I'll like him more when I see the finished product, but I don't know how enthusiastic I am. I suppose I should be glad we're getting another Thoroughbred instead of an Arabian or stock horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment