Monday, October 29, 2018

2019 Stablemate Club teasers!

Exciting news, everyone! Four out of six of next year's Stablemate Club releases have been previewed on the Breyer website (and the misuse of "peak" strikes again!)! First, an enterprising Blabber found these two silhouettes posted on the Stablemate Club forum:





















It's Mirado and the G1 Morgan Mare! I'm glad to see they dug poor Mirado out of obscurity, since the mold has been languishing unused since its debut at the end of last year. As for the G1 Morgan Mare, well, they had to use at least one G1, I guess.

Then, another industrious Blabber found these silhouettes posted on the Stablemate Club blog! (Don't worry, I didn't know that existed either.)






It's a new mold and the G3 Highland Pony! The new mold looks...interesting...the front end looks like Carrick, and the back end looks like they chopped it off of a Morgan or something. I'm sure it'll look better in actual photos. I'm not into the Highland Pony at all, but I'm sure they'll put a cute color on it.

So that's 2/4 for me - hopefully the fifth or sixth are things I want, or we'll be looking at another 2018 situation next year. Come on, G2 Morgan!

As for colors, I wonder what color the Mirado will be? A nice dappled black or bay would be pretty. I'm guessing the new mold is supposed to be a Thoroughbred, but since Breyer has been on a pinto kick lately, I wouldn't be surprised if it's spotted in some way or another.

I'm glad we're getting more new reveals, though! Hopefully we don't have to wait much longer to find out what else is in store for next year. I hope poor Mirado gets more love than just a release in the SMC; maybe he'll show up at Breyerfest or in a new RR set or something. Heck, for all I know he's going to be used at next month's Scottsdale Stampede (I hope not!)

No comments:

Post a Comment