Saturday, October 27, 2018

Featured Model - 10/27/2018, Mini Merry Widow

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it, and provide commentary about it. Since Halloween is fast-approaching, this week's model is...Mini Merry Widow!




This cute little guy was released in 2005 on the G2 Morgan mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody. He's item #5917 and was part of the first Spooky Stablemates collection. These sets featured Stablemates painted like mini versions of previous Traditional Halloween releases. As his name suggest, Mini Merry Widow (or Merry Widower, as I call him) is a mini-me of the original Merry Widow.

The model is definitely one of my favorite Halloween Stablemates; just look at him! His masking is so intricate for such a small model, and I love the tinge of green in his color. I've always liked the G2 Morgan anyway - I love his sweeping tail and his prancy pose. I hope he shows up in next year's Stablemate Club.

As for the mini-me models, I love it when Breyer does things like this. I wish they'd do Stablemate versions of Traditional releases more often. How cool would it be if we got a whole line of mini Premier models, instead of one a year? Or miniature Holiday Horses, for that matter.

While he probably won't be a mini-me of anything, I think this mold has a fairly good chance of appearing in next year's Stablemate Club. He hasn't been used for much lately other than random regular runs, and he last appeared at Breyerfest in 2014. So, I'm hoping he shows up in next year's SMC - maybe even as the gambler's choice! Fortunately, we won't have to wait too much longer to find out. Let's hope the reveal is soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment