Saturday, October 20, 2018

Featured Model - 10/20/2018, Tempest

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Tempest!



Tempest was a Connoisseur release in 2005. He's item #90131, and 350 models were produced. He was issued on the Smarty Jones mold sculpted by Sue Sifton.

This guy's color is definitely different! He's a snowflake Appaloosa, which is one of those Appaloosa variants I haven't seen a lot of in real life. I love his bay base color, and the little spots of color all over his body make the Tempest name very fitting for him. And I think the clear base is a nice touch - until this year's Dark Horse Surprise, this was the only time he'd been issued with a clear base.

Although Smarty isn't my favorite mold, he's definitely handsome, and I like his pose. He's pretty close to my favorite phase of the gallop (the middle horse in this photo). Unfortunately, that phase would require the model to float in midair if someone tried to reproduce it, so I'll probably have to be satisfied with Smarty the way he is.

Since this mold got five (well, 10 if you count the glossy finishes) releases this year at Breyerfest, I wouldn't expect him to pop up anywhere else, but you never know. Maybe he'll get a new regular run release as Winx or something.

Either way, I hope we see him in a fun color soon - who knows, maybe next year he'll be a web special. We'll have to wait and see!

1 comment:

  1. I love this model, this is my top holy grail at the moment!

    ReplyDelete