Tuesday, January 31, 2023

The final Limited Edition reveal and Flamingo!

 Good news, everyone - we have our final Breyerfest Limited Edition reveal! Say hello to Buggy! 

He's pretty, but very reminiscent of the blind bag Django from 2018. I feel like they could have been a little more creative with his color here, and the Buggy name honestly makes me think of bugs more than horse-drawn vehicles. Maybe Hansom instead? Then they could have made some sort of "Handsome" joke. Oh, I crack myself up. 

Anyway, Buggy is the online-only Stablemate Limited Edition, and they've said this is the last reveal for this year's Breyerfest. So there isn't going to be a single decorator Stablemate for the in-person store this year, I guess. Maybe the last few haven't been selling very well? Who knows.

Lots of people are wondering why we haven't seen an Old Timer among this year's offerings, and I have to wonder if he'll end up being a raffle model. It's not exactly set in stone that the raffle models be brand-new molds, so it's definitely a possibility. I was going to suggest that he could be the diorama contest prize (he'd be perfect for that, honestly) before I remembered that prize has been replaced with glossy Bravo 54 models - what a letdown. Anyway, let's hope they don't make us wait until July to see the raffle models (again), but I'm not holding my breath. 

In other news, my Flamingo unexpectedly arrived today! Last time I looked at the tracking, the delivery was estimated as happening tomorrow, so I was pleasantly surprised. Behold! 




What a beauty! She could stand to be a bit pinker, honestly, but she's not terrible.











Her dapples are nice and subtle, too. No chicken wire in this house! 




















She isn't the worst thing I've ever seen, quality-wise, but has a lot of plastic goobers from a less-than-stellar cleanup job before being painted. A bit disappointing considering her price, but not horrible. 

That's all I have for today - keep in mind that Breyerfest tickets go on sale tomorrow! I'm hoping to snag a VIP ticket and then wait until later to buy the rest of my tickets - don't want to spend that much money all at once. Ciao! 

1 comment:

  1. Your Flamingo is so pretty! And those dapples are sooo barely there! Are they easier to see in person than in photos? I do love her, and congrats on scoring this one!

    ReplyDelete