Tuesday, January 17, 2023

I think we have our Pollock/Stein

 Wow, pretty exciting reveal on the Breyerfest Blog today! A lot of people thought yesterday's sneak peek was a Stablemate, but that is...not the case! Say hello to Nemea! 









Wow, this guy is amazing. 









From the blog: 

For our BreyerFest celebration of Driving Forward this summer, we were inspired by this beautiful 4th century BCE Amphora to create Nemea on the Akhal Teke mold (#805) sculpted by Heather Puleo, who has been shaded in a gorgeous orangey brown with a fiery mane and black decorative details, featuring a beautifully painted quadriga and driver on his barrel.


I feel like this one is going to be this year's Pollock or Stein equivalent, unless they reveal something more amazing in the remainder of this month. I'm a little surprised they'd use him again for a special run so soon(ish) after using him back in 2021 for Uffington, but I'm not going to complain too much. I need him! I hope he isn't the matte/glossy split, though - that would really make the collectors crazy. 

There's supposed to be another reveal tomorrow, so I hope it's something great!  

2 comments:

  1. Shades of Eleanor Harvey's Museum diorama entry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This guy is pretty much worth getting a ticket for BF all by himself. Le sigh....

    ReplyDelete